Why is it that removing race makes white people feel so comfortable.
You should be insulted that your racism is so deep you need to remove a person’s heritage to see them as a person. You need to change the context of events just to understand them. How do you have the nerve to call yourself enlightened when in order to see the picture you have to blur the whole image.
- is overweight. not “a little heavy” or “curvy in all the right places”, she is overweight and she owns it.
- is gay, and from her first public exposure has been open about this
- has bipolar disorder
- is one of the coolest lyricists right now
- has this song which is way more feel good than “all about the bass” or “shake it off”
- is super cute
- mary lambert
99.9% sure that Kevin is Rapunzel.
All hail Master Chau!
Why are guys so obsessed with their dicks? We’ll be like “Mothers have the right to breastfeed their baby in public!” And without fail, dudes chime in with, “Does that mean I can pull my dick out in public? Can I urinate in public?” Chill the fuck out. This isn’t about your dick. You are already allowed to have your nipples out in public, sit the fuck down.
oh my GOD THANK YOU
once you start filling in your eyebrows you never go back
is it data or data
is it route or route
is it caramel or caramel
is it either or eitheris it read or read
is it lead or lead
Maybe its Maybelline
I hate how any English speaker knows exactly what’s happening here.
xhighwayman said: I'm not trying to offend you, I'm sorry. I guess it's just me but I don't care for race, people are people
You don’t get to say that. You don’t get to say “people are people” when Black people are intentionally being killed for being Black— people clearly aren’t people. People aren’t “people” when a white felon can more easily get a job than a Black person who has never committed a crime. You don’t get to pretend you live in an alternate reality in which the construct of race doesn’t exist because it does. It doesn’t help anyone for you to pretend that race doesn’t exist and “people are just people”. Psychologists link that thinking to people being racists because it shows that you’d rather ignore reality than realize that people are oppressed for their races and it shows you don’t know how to empathize.
- Jane Elliot anti-racism educator talking about why colorblindness is invalid with Oprah
- "Colorblindness" in particular has been associated with higher levels of racism and lower levels of empathy. — 11. Neville, H. A., Lilly, R. L., Duran, G., Lee, R. M., & Browne, L. (2000). Construction and initial validation of the Color-Blind Racial Attitudes Scale (CoBRAS). Journal of Counseling Psychology, 47, 59–70. 12. Burkard, A. W., & Knox, S. (2004). Effect of therapist color-blindness on empathy and attributions in cross-cultural counseling. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 51, 387–397.
- GradientLair’s essays on why colorblindness is invalid and recognizing race and understanding racism is vital
- Unfortunately, not paying attention to race and gender does not make gender-race inequalities go away, precisely because these inequalities are institutionalized and not just ideas in people’s heads — Evelyn Nakano Glenn, Chapter 1: The Social Construction and Institutionalization of Gender and Race in Revisioning Gender
- In a colorblind society, White people, who are unlikely to experience disadvantages due to race, can effectively ignore racism in American life, justify the current social order, and feel more comfortable with their relatively privileged standing in society (Fryberg, 2010). Most minorities, however, who regularly encounter difficulties due to race, experience colorblind ideologies quite differently. Colorblindness creates a society that denies their negative racial experiences, rejects their cultural heritage, and invalidates their unique perspectives. — Monica Williams, Ph.D for Psychology Today, “Colorblind Ideology is a Form of Racism
Have you ever met someone who was just so insanely attractive that it made you stupid for a while? That happened to me today. While trying to find a place for my next fruit delivery to be held, I went to one of the places I was hoping to score. The dude that was at the desk took me to speak with the Owner. I guess I expected said owner of this large business to be an older guy? So when I saw this stupidly handsome, rugged, ginger guy around my age with this huge amazing smile on his face walk up to me, I was so taken aback, it literally made me dumb. The.Whole.Time. Needless to say, I will have to find a different location and the dude probably thinks I’m an idiot because I’m sure I looked like a deer in headlights. ughhhhh lol
You are Arya of Winterfell, daughter of the North. You told me you could be strong. You have the wolf blood in you.
Daily Show correspondent Michael Che tries to find a safe place to report from.
Our sheet fort turned out nicely
"3 words, 8 letters. Say it and I’m yours."
I am groot
The hardest part of running is believing in yourself when your lungs are on fire and your legs feel like lead. You can always go faster than you think.